GOAL: Before you leave class today you will be able to:
- Prepare an income statement, a statement of owner’s equity, and a balance sheet
RIGHT NOW–PICK UP WHERE YOU LEFT OFF LAST CLASS:
- Turn to page 84 in your textbook. Do Exercise 2-6. Get the worksheet from your teacher to complete the problem. TURN IT IN.
- Open your textbook to page 86 and complete Problem 2-3A–Click this link to the spreadsheet needed to complete the problem.
- Click DOWNLOAD in the upper right corner.
- Click on the file in the lower left corner of your screen to open it
- Click Enable Editing
- File–Save As–Save it as YOUR NAME PROBLEM 2-3A (ex: SUE JONES PROBLEM 2-3A) to your Accounting folder
- When you are finished with Problem 2-3A–RAISE YOUR HAND TO SHOW ME or zoom out until the entire spreadsheet is visable, take a screenshot, compose a new email to me, paste the screenshot into the email (ctrl V) or send the file to me as an email attachment
- Open your textbook to page 91 and do the following:
- Problem 2-3B–Get a handout from your teacher & do #1-4 on the BLANK side of the handout.
- Do #5-8 on the Problem 2-3B (concluded) form side of the handout
- Go to page 88 and do Problem 2-5A on a blank area of the handout–be sure to clearly label the problem
- Go to page 93 and do Problem 2-5B on a blank area of the handout–be sure to clearly label the problem
- HAND IN WHEN YOU ARE DONE
- In an email message to me, explain the order in which the financial statements are created and why it is important for them to be created in that order.
- EXTRA CREDIT: Start Here Go Places Scavenger Hunt