Journalizing and Posting Transactions
- LO1 Describe the flow of data from source documents through the trial balance.
- LO2 Describe and explain the purpose of source documents.
- LO3 Describe the chart of accounts as a means of classifying financial information.
- LO4 Journalize transactions.
- LO5 Post to the general ledger and prepare a trial balance.
- LO6 Explain how to find and correct errors.
LO4–WATCH THIS VIDEO
- Complete Exercises E4-2A, E4-2B (5 minutes each)–WE WILL CHECK THEM TOGETHER–MAKE A COLUMN FOR DEBITS & A COLUMN FOR CREDITS & FILL THE ACCOUNT NAMES UNDER THE APPROPRIATE COLUMN HEADING
- Textbook Exercises E4-4A, E4-4B–YOU WILL NEED THESE FOR NEXT CLASS–GET THE WORKING PAPERS FROM YOUR TEACHER
- Study Guide Review Questions 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Study Guide Exercise 1, 2
- Textbook End of Chapter Review Questions 5, 6