GOAL: Before you leave class today you will be able to:
- Record a group of transactions pertaining to a service business in a two-column general journal.
- Open your textbook to pages 96-97 & listen to this intro video about chapter 3–The General Journal and the General Ledger
- Open your textbook to pages 97-104 & listen to this video about 3-1 The General Journal–GET A PAPER VERSION OF THE JOURNAL FOR YOUR INSTRUCTOR & DO THE JOURNALING BY HAND AT THE END OF THE VIDEO (approx. 9:24 mark in the video)–SHOW YOUR TEACHER
- Read the bottom of page 101–Accounting In Your Future
- Log in to your Cengage Now account
- Click ASSIGNMENTS
- Complete the Chapter 3 Objective 1 Assignment
- Click STUDY TOOLS
- Click ADAPTIVE STUDY PLAN
- Next to Chapter 3 – The General Journal and the General Ledger click START STUDYING
- Click 1. Record a group of transactions pertaining to a service business in a two-column general journal.
SHOW ME WHEN YOU ARE DONE
- In an email message to me, explain the order in which transactions are recorded in a general journal and what must be the same before moving on to the next transaction? Also, what is a source document?