THIS LESSON PLAN IS THE SAME AS THE ONE FROM LAST CLASS. PLEASE CHECK JMC TO SEE WHAT YOU NEED TO COMPLETE. I AM CAUGHT UP IN MY GRADING. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS EMAIL ME.
- Browse to zzi.sh and enter this code: gzr9675 then take the Accounting Chapter 3 Learning Objective 1 Quiz. Let me know how it goes.
GOAL: Before you leave class today you will be able to:
- Post entries from a two-column general journal to general ledger accounts
- DO THIS FIRST–WE FORGOT TO DO THIS LAST CLASS:
- Open your textbook to pages 97-104 & listen to this video about 3-1 The General Journal–GET A PAPER VERSION OF THE JOURNAL FOR YOUR INSTRUCTOR & DO THE JOURNALING BY HAND AT THE END OF THE VIDEO (approx. 9:24 mark in the video)
- Open your textbook to pages 104-113 & listen to this video about The General Ledger & Posting from the General Journal–GET THE GENERAL LEDGER FORM FROM YOUR TEACHER–You will do it at the end of the video. Use the Journal form to complete the posting process today. Make sure your name is on your journal page(s) and ledger pages.
- Log in to your Cengage Now account
- Click ASSIGNMENTS
- Complete the Chapter 3 Objective 2 Assignment
- Click STUDY TOOLS
- Click ADAPTIVE STUDY PLAN
- Next to Chapter 3 – The General Journal and the General Ledger click RESUME STUDYING
- Click 2. Post entries from a two-column general journal to general ledger accounts.
- SHOW ME WHEN YOU ARE DONE
- In an email message to me, explain the steps in the posting process.