In this class, almost daily, you will be required to improve your employability skills–getting along with others, working as a team, asking classmates for help, helping your classmates, etc. In addition, it is EXPECTED that you show INITIATIVE–that means coming in to class, logging in, going to the lesson plan, and getting started WITHOUT being told to do so–this is a HUGE employability/life skill–do it EVERYDAY in this class!! Also, you will be expected every class to follow written and verbal instructions by reading and following all of the instructions in the lesson plan AND watching/doing the videos that may accompany the day’s lesson.
Let’s work together to make the class AWESOME!!
GOAL: By the end of class today you will know all about this course and the expectations for the course.
- Supplies for the class: EARBUDS!!! Everyday!! Get them out if you have them today. If you do not have them today, use your Chromebook or phone to watch and listen and do the videos for today.
- Listen & watch this video on your Chromebook, but actually DO what I am doing in the video on the computer you are sitting at in my classroom: Watch AND DO this video on how to login to your existing Office 365 account.
- We will use Office 365 in this class instead of Google Drive.
- GET YOUR PASSWORD HANDOUT FROM YOUR TEACHER when you are prompted to enter your Office 365 password.
- Watch this: What is Stopping You?
- What are your goals for this school year? What is stopping you from achieving them? What can you do to eliminate the blockades?
- Create a new Word Online file and share it with me: email@example.com by following the directions in this video.
- Watch this Introduction video clip created by Mrs. Weber to welcome you to her class. You will also learn about the expectations for your class.
- Please read the instructions on this form and fill it out as completely and honestly as you are able!!
- Watch this video about FBLA–please consider joining! Fill out the Sign Up Form and get $15 to Mrs. Weber and you’re in!!!
- DO THIS VIDEO TO LOG IN TO YOUR ONEDRIVE ON YOUR COMPUTER–THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!
- Download and unzip the following to your OneDrive on your machine:
- WATCH THIS VIDEO TO HELP YOU
- SHOW ME AS YOU DO THE FIRST ONE SO I KNOW YOU ARE SAVING THEM TO THE CORRECT LOCATION (these are all the files you will need for the entire semester for this class):
- Student Data Files for Text Access M1-4: 1305879171_533031.zip
- Student Data Files for Text Excel M1-4: 1305879171_533032.zip
- Student Data Files for Text PPT M1: 1305879171_533034.zip
- Student Data Files for Text Word M1-4: 1305879171_533035.zip
- Student Data Files for Text PPT M2: 1305879171_533038.zip
- Student Data Files for “Managing Your Files”: 1305879171_543616.zip
- EXTRA CREDIT: Show your parents this lesson plan and have them visit this part of my website:
- Since this is a COLLEGE CREDIT COURSE, be sure to login to your EICC account every day!!!
- Go to http://www.eicc.edu/
- Click on EICConnect
- Get your username and password from your teacher or Mr. Jess