READ AND DO EVERYTHING IN ORDER BELOW–READ ALL OF #1 THEN DO ALL OF #1 BEFORE MOVING ON TO #2…….
GOAL: By the end of class today you will know all about this course and the expectations for the course. You will also learn more about yourself as far as what kind of learner you are and how you learn best!!
- Supplies for the class: EARBUDS!!! Everyday!! Get them out if you have them today. If you do not have them today, use your Chromebook or phone to watch and listen and do the videos for today.
- Watch AND DO this video on how to establish your Office 365 account.
- We will use Office 365 in this class instead of Google Drive.
- GET YOUR PASSWORD HANDOUT FROM YOUR TEACHER when you are prompted to enter your Office 365 password.
- Watch this: What is Stopping You?
- What are your goals for this school year? What is stopping you from achieving them? What can you do to eliminate the blockades?
- Create a new Word Online file and share it with me: firstname.lastname@example.org by following the directions in this video.
- Watch this Introduction video clip created by Mrs. Weber to welcome you to her class. You will also learn about the expectations for your class.
- IF YOU GET TIME OUTSIDE OF CLASS: Watch this video about FBLA–please consider joining! Fill out the Sign Up Form and get $15 to Mrs. Weber and you’re in!!!
- LEAVE THIS LINK OPEN WHEN YOU ARE DONE!!!!! Answer these questions to determine what TYPE of learner you are You will be asked to tell me what kind of learner (auditory, visually, tactile–the questions you answer from the link will tell you in the end.)
- FILL OUT THIS FORM to let Mrs. Weber know a little bit about you.
- Sign up for www.codehs.com. HERE IS HOW:
- Go to: codehs.com
- Class code: AD980
- If prompted, use your school Google account to sign in
- Acclimate yourself! Look around!
- EXTRA CREDIT: Show your parents this lesson plan and have them visit these parts of my website:
- Parent Info.
- Web Apps & Coding Class Web Page.
- Web Apps & Coding Student Page of Fame
- Ask them to fill out the form on the Parent Info. page or the Comments section at the bottom of the Web Apps & Coding page or the bottom of the home page of my website. Ask them to tell me what they expect you to learn in this class this quarter. Also, please have them offer any suggestions or ask any questions they may have!! THANKS!!!