Goal: Before you leave class today you will be introduced to CodeHS and how Karel the Dog can be given a set of instructions to perform a simple task.
- Sign up for www.codehs.com. HERE IS HOW:
- Go to: codehs.com
- Class code: AD980
- If prompted, use your school Google account to sign in
- Acclimate yourself! Look around!
- Complete the CodeHS Pretest/Survey–get it from your teacher
- Log into CodeHS and do Lesson 1
- Get the Meet Karel the Dog handout from your teacher
- Watch 1.1.1 Introduction to Programming With Karel
- Do: 1.1.3 Our First Karel Program–change it up a little to experiment!
- Do: 1.1.4 Your First Karel Program–show me when you are done
- Do: 1.1.5 Short Stack–show me when you are done
- If time permits: discover what else Karel can do by checking out the Cheat Sheet.
- FYI: CodeHS Online Textbook–use this as a resource
- BEFORE YOU LEAVE, WRITE ABOUT THE FOLLOWING in the Word Online file named Web Apps & Coding for this class (you will write in this file daily): What can Karel teach us about computing?