CSD Unit 1 – Problem Solving and Computing(’19-’20)
Problem Solving and Computing is a highly interactive and collaborative introduction to the field of computer science, as framed within the broader pursuit of solving problems. You’ll practice using a problem solving process to address a series of puzzles, challenges, and real world scenarios. Next, you’ll learn how computers input, output, store, and process information to help humans solve problems. The unit concludes with a project in which you design an application that helps solve a problem of your choosing.
GOAL: Before you leave class today you will join my code.org class online and complete an introductory survey.
- Listen & watch this video on your Chromebook, but actually DO what I am doing in the video on the computer you are sitting at in my classroom: Watch AND DO this video on how to login to your existing Office 365 account.
- We will use Office 365 in this class instead of Google Drive.
- GET YOUR PASSWORD HANDOUT FROM YOUR TEACHER when you are prompted to enter your Office 365 password.
- Watch this: What is Stopping You?
- What are your goals for this school year? What is stopping you from achieving them? What can you do to eliminate the blockades?
- Create a new Word Online file and share it with me: firstname.lastname@example.org by following the directions in this video.
- Please read the instructions on this form and fill it out as completely and honestly as you are able!!
- DO THIS VIDEO TO LOG IN TO YOUR ONEDRIVE ON YOUR COMPUTER–THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!
- Join our class and sign in to code.org:
- Watch this Introduction video clip created by Mrs. Weber to welcome you to her class. You will also learn about the expectations for your class.