GOAL: You will learn about Karel’s ‘World’ and the ways that Karel can interact with it.
|World||A “world” or “Karel World” is a grid that karel lives in.|
|Karel||Karel is a dog who listens to your commands.|
|Command||A command is an instruction you can give to Karel.|
DO THIS IN ORDER:
- Get the Karel Commands handout from your teacher and complete it–raise your hand when you are done
- Do this online quiz: 1.1.2 Quiz: Karel Commands
- Watch: 1.2.1 More Basic Karel
- Do: 1.2.3 Tennis Ball Square–experiment with it!
- Do: 1.2.4 Make a Tower–show me when you are done
- Do: 1.2.5 Pyramid of Karel–show me when you are done
- If time permits: discover what else Karel can do by checking out the Cheat Sheet.
- FYI: CodeHS Online Textbook–use this as a resource
- BEFORE YOU LEAVE, WRITE ABOUT THE FOLLOWING in the Word Online file named Web Apps & Coding for this class (you will write in this file daily):
- How can we make Karel turn right, even though Karel doesn’t know a turn right command?
- What is a street in Karel’s world?
- What is an avenue in Karel’s world?
- What are the directions Karel can face?