Before you leave class today you will be able to:
- Communicate and collaborate with classmates in order to solve a problem
- Iteratively improve a solution to a problem
- Identify different strategies used to solve a problem
- Hello everyone, welcome to Computer Science Discoveries! You may have a lot of questions about what we’re going to do or learn this year. All I’ll say for now is that we’re going to be having a lot of fun learning how we can use computer science to help us build things, express ourselves, and solve problems. In fact, solving problems with or without computers is going to be one of the primary focuses of this class. But enough of me talking, let’s get to today’s activity.
- At the end of class, in your class Word Online file, write your thoughts on the following questions. Be prepared to share your answers with a partner and the class:
- What was your favorite part of this activity? What was most challenging?
- You worked in groups for this activity. How did working in a group make this activity easier, how did it make the activity more challenging? What helped your group overcome these challenges?
- Since you are in a computer science class, you also may be wondering, “What in the world did that have to do with computer science?” Find another partner and talk about what you think this activity has to do with computer science.