END OF 1ST QTR
UNITY VIEWING PARTY
GOAL: Today you will get acquainted with the Unity Editor. You will be introduced to importing assets, the viewer windows, and how to navigate within the Unity Editor.
- Get into Unity:
- Type Unity in the lower left of your screen
- Click Unity
- Choose New Project
- Click Create New Project
- Editor Basics: http://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/modules/beginner/live-training-archive/editor-basics
- Do the video–your screen will look slightly different–that is ok
- When saving–go to your ONEDRIVE–create a folder named UnityProjects and save the new file as TwitchProject in the UnityProjects folder
- In your Word Online file for this class, write about what you learned today.
GOAL: Create your Game Developers Journal & a Game Modification Task Sheet & Plan
- Open & read this: Game Developer’s Journal–You need to do this!!! Here is what you should do for your journal today:
- Enter at least 5 core game (i.e. product) ideas to be considered for your final Capstone Project. These do not need to be very detailed ideas, just a few sentences to capture the main game concept. Later, one of these ideas will be developed and delivered as your final Capstone Project submission.
- Download CandyCrush Saga onto any game play device. The game can be found at http://candycrushplayfreegame.com
- Play the game long enough to understand the directions and the overall objectives of the game.
- Produce a Game Modification Task Sheet document by identifying the following:
- What platform is used to play the game?
- What is the objective of the game?
- What three things do you like about the game?
- What three things do you not like about the game?
- List three reasons why you think this game is popular and successful.
- Based on your own observations, create a written plan for modifying the game. This document will serve as your Game Modification Plan. Your plan should include the following:
- Re-write the main goal of the game.
- Describe how you would improve the game. Be as specific as possible!
- List three reasons why your ideas may not have been implemented by the original designers.
- List three reasons why you think players would like your changes.
- List three reasons why these changes would be difficult to implement.
- Here is how it will be scored