Lesson 9: Project – Multi-Page Websites
Web Lab | Project
After learning about how to link web pages to one another, students are finally able to publish the website they have been working on. In this lesson, they link together all the previous pages they have created into one project, create a new page, and add navigation between the pages before publishing the entire site to the Web.
Students will be able to:
- Connect multiple web pages into one website using hyperlinks.
- Hyperlink – A link from a HTML file to another location or file, typically activated by clicking on a highlighted word or image on the screen.
Warm Up (15 minutes)
- In this lesson, you’ll be publishing your website to the Internet so that anyone with the address can see it. Before you do that, though, you’re going to have a chance to add anything that you think might be missing from your site.
- What are some things you want on your site that you haven’t had a chance to add yet?
- In a moment, you’ll be able to create new pages using any of these ideas. Before we do, though, we need to make sure that our users will be able to get to all of the pages on our sites. To do that, we’ll need to use a hyperlink.
- Distribute the Personal Website – Project Guide and review the first page as a class.
- Complete the first two pages of the Project Guide.
- When you are finished designing your pages, transition to Code Studio Lesson 9 and do Levels 1-3 on your own
- Levels 4 & 5–review as a class
- Do Levels 6-10 on your own
- Do Level 11 as a class