GOAL: Students will be able to…
- Write programs that use SuperKarel instead of Karel
- Utilize the new toolbox of commands that SuperKarel provides over Karel
- Read documentation to understand how to use a library (SuperKarel is an example of this)
|SuperKarel||SuperKarel is like Karel but already knows how to turnRight() and turnAround()|
DO THE FOLLOWING IN ORDER:
- Do 1.7.2 Commenting Your Code Quiz
- Do the Commenting Code activity–get the handout from your teacher
- Click on example 1.8.3 Hurdle Karel (with SuperKarel). Read the code in green. What purpose do you think the code serves in the program? Does the code in green affect the program?
- Watch 1.8.1 Super Karel video
- Do 1.8.4 The Two Towers + SuperKarel & show me
- 1.8.5 Super Karel Badge Did you get it?!
- If time permits: Go back through previous Karel exercises and add pre and postconditions to your code
- FYI: CodeHS Online Textbook–use this as a resource
- BEFORE YOU LEAVE, WRITE ABOUT THE FOLLOWING in the Word Online file named Web Apps & Coding for this class (you will write in this file daily):
- How is SuperKarel different from Karel?
- Where can you go to read about all of SuperKarel’s built in commands?