A couple FYI’s in the World According to Mrs. Weber (I am putting this here because I do not want to start class on a negative note and I don’t feel comfortable saying this out loud; however, these things DO bother me significantly, not only in my classroom, but during assemblies and meetings and basically, anywhere):
- I think it is rude to talk when someone else is talking–your classmates, your teacher, anyone. It is like saying “I am going to talk and not listen to you because I don’t really care what you have to say.”
- I also think being on your phone when there are things going on around you that you should be paying attention to is rude. It is like saying “My phone is WAY more important than anything happening right now.” Going without your phone is HEALTHY! TRY IT!! I am trying too!!
LET’S HAVE A GOOD REST OF THE SEMESTER!? OK????
OBJECTIVE: Choose a teen-based business to start and operate.
- Send me an email message that contains 2-3 questions that you can ask our guest entrepreneur tomorrow in class.
- Read pages 22-27 & do page 28–THE TEEN ENTREPRENEUR Section 5 Project 1—WATCH THIS VIDEO AS YOUR READ
- PROJECT 1 WORKSHEET–OPEN WITH WORD 2016, SAVE TO YOUR FOLDER FOR THIS CLASS, DO IT, PRINT IT
- What is a sole proprietorship?
- What the advantages and disadvantages to owning your own business as a teenager?
- List and discuss some possible teen-based businesses you could feasibly start.
- What special skills or talents do you possess that might assist you in starting your own business?
- What talents or abilities do you possess that you can turn into a profit-making venture?
- What business did Shaun Decker decide to start?
- Why did Shaun Decker choose his business?