IMPORTANT: AT THE END OF EVERY CLASS SEND ME AN EMAIL STATING HOW FAR YOU GOT TODAY AND WHAT YOU LEARNED. THIS WILL BE GRADED!!!
GOAL: Before you will leave today you will:
- Explore the history of the Internet, the Web, and HTML
- Compare the different versions of HTML
- Study the syntax of HTML tags and attributes
- Define a Web page head, body, and title
- Work with the HTML5 structural elements
- Edmodo: Class Code: sgcz8p
- Log in to your Google Drive on your machine by watching this video
- Download all the files for Tutorial 1 and save them to your Google Drive ON YOUR MACHINE:
- Read pages 1 to 12. Here are some questions to guide your reading:
- What is a markup language?
- What is XHTML? How does XHTML differ from HTML?
- What is the W3C? What is the WHATWG?
- What is a doctype? What are two uses of the doctype?
- What is incorrect about the syntax of the following code? <p>Welcome to the <em>J-Prop Shop</p?</em>
- What is white space? How does HTML treat consecutive occurrences of white space?
- What structural element would you use to mark a sidebar?
- What structural element would you use to mark the page footer?
- At the bottom of page 12–use NOTEPAD–watch this video to see how to do it.
- Read and do pages 12 to 23
- Answer the questions on page 23. This is your writing for today.