IMPORTANT: EVERYDAY SHARE A Word Online file WITH ME AT THE END OF CLASS TELLING ME HOW FAR YOU GOT AND WHAT YOU LEARNED!! THIS WILL BE GRADED!! YOU ARE EXPECTED TO REMEMBER TO DO THIS EVERYDAY–WHETHER YOU ARE REMINDED OR NOT!!! (Because Mrs. Weber WILL forget :-))
GOAL: Before you leave today you will know vector shape tools, where to locate fills & strokes, how to use the brush tips, and how to save and apply style types. By the end of class today you will know all about this course and the expectations for the course also.
In this class, almost daily, you will be required to improve your employability skills–getting along with others, working as a team, asking classmates for help, helping your classmates, etc. In addition, it is EXPECTED that you show INITIATIVE–that means coming in to class, logging in, going to the lesson plan, and getting started WITHOUT being told to do so–this is a HUGE employability/life skill–do it EVERYDAY in this class!! Also, you will be expected every class to follow written and verbal instructions by reading and following all of the instructions in the lesson plan AND watching/doing the videos that may accompany the day’s lesson.
Let’s work together to make the class AWESOME!!
- FILL OUT THIS FORM TO HELP MRS. WEBER OUT TO MAKE THIS CLASS THE BEST IT CAN BE FOR YOU
- Supplies for the class: EARBUDS!!! Everyday!! Get them out if you have them today. If you do not have them today, use your Chromebook or phone to watch and listen and do the videos for today.
- Listen & watch this video on your Chromebook, but actually DO what I am doing in the video on the computer you are sitting at in my classroom: Watch AND DO this video on how to login to your existing Office 365 account.
- We will use Office 365 in this class instead of Google Drive.
- GET YOUR PASSWORD HANDOUT FROM YOUR TEACHER when you are prompted to enter your Office 365 password.
- Watch this: What is Stopping You?
- What are your goals for this school year? What is stopping you from achieving them? What can you do to eliminate the blockades?
- Create a new Word Online file and share it with me: firstname.lastname@example.org by following the directions in this video.
- Watch this Introduction video clip created by Mrs. Weber to welcome you to her class. You will also learn about the expectations for your class.
- Please read the instructions on this form and fill it out as completely and honestly as you are able!!
- Watch this video about FBLA–please consider joining! Fill out the Sign Up Form and get $15 to Mrs. Weber and you’re in!!!
- DO THIS VIDEO TO LOG IN TO YOUR ONEDRIVE ON YOUR COMPUTER–THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!
- Take the DVD out of the back of your book and place it in your CD drive of your computer
- Click VIEW FILES when it pops up
- Copy and paste all the files on the DVD to your OneDrive folder for this class
- While you are waiting for the files to copy over:
- Go to www.DigitalClassroomBooks.com/CS6/DesignandWebPremium
- Establish an account using your school email.
- Check your school email to verify the account–it may be in your SPAM folder
- Watch the video for Chapters 1 & 2 ONLINE
- Read pages 41-61
- Page 41–Resetting Adobe Photoshop CS6 preferences–read and do pages 4-5 at the beginning of the text.
- Page 41–Be sure to copy the folders for the Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, and Fireworks units into your OneDrive on your machine!!!
- Read and do pages 42-60–if you have a question–ASK!!!!
- Page 61–Show me the Self Study when it is finished.
- Page 61–Answer the questions on page 61 using good writing skills. Be thorough!! COVER UP THE ANSWERS AND THEN CHECK YOURSELF!!! You will be tested over this material later!!
- EXTRA CREDIT: Show your parents this lesson plan and have them visit this part of my website: