IMPORTANT: EVERYDAY SHARE A GOOGLE DOC WITH ME AT THE END OF CLASS TELLING ME HOW FAR YOU GOT AND WHAT YOU LEARNED!! THIS WILL BE GRADED!! YOU ARE EXPECTED TO REMEMBER TO DO THIS EVERYDAY–WHETHER YOU ARE REMINDED OR NOT!!!
GOAL: Complete chapter 1 and apply what you learned to a photo of your own.
- Watch the video for Chapters 1 & 2 ONLINE
- Read pages 41-61
- Page 41–Be sure to copy the folders for the Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, and Fireworks units into your Google Drive on your machine!!!
- Read and do pages 42-60–if you have a question–ASK!!!!
- Page 61–Show me the Self Study when it is finished. YOU MAY USE YOUR OWN PICTURE!!!!
- Page 61–Answer the questions on page 61 using good writing skills. Be thorough!! COVER UP THE ANSWERS AND THEN CHECK YOURSELF!!! You will be tested over this material later!!
ON GOING PROJECTS:
#2: FBLA Graphic Design Event–2017 NLC Topic You have been hired as a graphic designer for a new Family Entertainment Center (FEC) opening in a city with a population of approximately 200,000. Provide a branding package for the owners that would include a name for the FEC, logo, theme, store front design, interior and exterior signage, and menu boards. GRADING RUBRIC
#3: FBLA Publication Design Event–2017 NLC Topic Create a publication portfolio promoting a new, member original TV series or movie. The portfolio should include a poster, character cutout design, ¼ page newspaper advertisement, and three additional promotional products. Everything should meet “G” rating requirements. GRADING RUBRIC
***8/20/16—FBLA Competitive Event Topics Clarification: There appears to be some confusion about what “new, member” means in the 2017 NLC topics for Digital Video Production, Publication Design, and Social Media Campaign. A “member” original TV series or movie refers to something like Fuller House on Netflix or a movie that HBO produces and airs. Those networks are called member networks because you have to subscribe to them. “New” refers to the fact that it needs to be a new TV series or movie, where the FBLA students come up with the concept, title, logo, etc.