“There’s not really a way to learn about death before your time but you can learn about taxes. Taxes are only a small portion of finances, however. Over this semester, we have learned about taxes, savings, retirement, checks, credit cards and scores, and other things in life dealing with money. There are key points to everything within these areas. Because of this class, I am more confident than ever in handling my own money. I can now recognize finance mistakes before I make them. Every high school student should have the experience that I now possess. I feel more secure and ready; ready to go to college and live on my own.” Sally Paulsen
UNIT TO BE COVERED IN THIS CLASS: Taxes, Checking, Saving, Paying for College, Types of Credit, Managing Credit, Investing, Insurance, Budgeting
GOAL: By the end of class today you will know all about this course and the expectations for the course.
- 2020 Personal Finance Pre Test (not graded)
- In an email message to email@example.com please describe a job/career you are interested in pursuing upon high school/college graduation.
- REGISTER for the Virtual Business Challenge PERSONAL FINANCE–https://vb.knowledgematters.com/user/register/fbla/
- The Iowa Online Challenge will be held at financechallenge.unl.edu from January 1st – March 20th, 2020. The four highest scoring high school teams per region will be invited to the State Finals.
- SENIORS DO THIS–sometime when you have a moment
- EXTRA CREDIT: Show your parents this lesson plan and have them visit this part of my website: Parent Info., Resources & Personal Finance. Ask them to fill out the form on the Parent Info. page OR comment at the bottom of the Personal Finance page. Ask them to tell me what they expect you to learn in this class this quarter.
- FILL OUT THIS FORM TO HELP MRS. WEBER OUT TO MAKE THIS CLASS THE BEST IT CAN BE FOR YOU
IF YOU ARE IN FBLA HERE ARE SOME EVENTS YOU CAN DO AT THE COMPLETION OF THIS COURSE:
- Job Interview competitive event: Description & Scoring Rubric
- Electronic Career Portfolio competitive event: Description & Scoring Rubric
- Personal Finance test
- Job Interview & Etiquette test