Monday, February 25: Save with a plan
- Did you know? Savers with a plan are twice as likely to save successfully for things like retirement and their (or their children’s) education! America Saves Week is a great time to start a healthy savings habit. Create a simple savings plan when you take the America Saves Pledge for a chance to win up to $750.
This unit introduces the choices and responsibilities associated with opening and maintaining an account with a financial institution. In the simulation, students will choose from several depository account types and use their account to pay bills. Their bi-weekly pay will be deposited into their account and fees will be assessed and interest credited when appropriate. During the simulation, it is likely that some students will incur fees, both contracted fees such as per check charges and monthly overdraft protection fee, and penalty fees such as non-sufficient funds (NSF) and below balance charges.
Before you leave today you will learn about:
- Banking Options (CW1.1)
- Savings Tools (CW1.2)
- Debit Card (CW1.3)
- Online banking and automatic debit (CW1.4)
- Bank Fees (CW1.5)
- Overdraft Protection (ODP) (CW1.6)
- Reconciling (CW1.7)
- Direct Deposit (CW1.8)
- WATCH THIS LESSON OVERVIEW: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqnQFx3ddy
- Log in to your Budget Challenge account
- From your Dashboard under Written Tests click VIEW DETAILS and next to (CW1) BANKING click UNIT MATERIAL
- READ EVERYTHING & WATCH ALL THE VIDEOS!! TODAY IS A LEARNING DAY!!
- Once you feel like you know everything there is to know from the Unit Materials, take the quiz–you do not have to do this today!! REMEMBER: USE THE UNIT MATERIAL TO HELP YOU LOOK THE ANSWERS UP!! THIS IS NOT CHEATING!! YOU ARE LEARNING!!! I would right click the UNIT MATERIAL button and open it in a new tab so it is easier to answer the questions by looking up the answers in the Unit Material. NOTICE THE DUE DATE FOR THE QUIZ. ALSO, THIS GRADE WILL GO IN THE TEST/PROJECT PORTION OF MY GRADEBOOK!!