Wednesday, February 27: Save for the unexpected
- That day you blew a tire. The time your dishwasher overflowed. That vacation when your child got sick far from home, and the doctor wouldn’t take your insurance. We all have those unexpected events in life that can lead to financial stress, but it doesn’t have to be that way. Putting aside a few dollars a week into a savings account for unexpected costs can build financial security – and relieve a lot of anxiety! Saving for the unexpected starts with small, regularly scheduled contributions that build up over time.
WHAT TO DO DURING THE GAME:
- Reconcile daily
- Check your email daily for communications from vendors.
- Log in every 5 days to stay engaged.
- Take ALL quizzes/surveys.
- Pay all bills on time.
- Stay engaged in your finances by updating and using your CFS and actively managing your 401(k) contribution and your bank account type.
- QUIZ WEEK 3–401(k) & Investing B: Quiz on 401(k) & Investing–YOU MAY WANT TO WAIT UNTIL NEXT TO TAKE THIS–WE WILL DO A LESSON ON IT
- WEEK 3 SURVEY QUIZ STARTING
- Vista Vue Apartments–Rent Bill
- INVOICES & STATEMENTS PIT STOP–Open & read this
- READING INVOICES TEST DRIVE–Open this and answer the questions in a Google Doc shared with firstname.lastname@example.org
- VIRTUAL BUSINESS CHALLENGE PERSONAL FINANCE–2018–until March 2, 2018