Thursday, February 28: Save to retire
- Studies show few Americans have adequate savings for retirement but it’s never too late – or too early – to start saving. Saving now for retirement will help ensure you have enough money to enjoy a comfortable standard of living when you stop working. Participate in a work-related retirement program such as a 401(k) or open an Individual Retirement Account (or IRA). Already saving for retirement? Try increasing the amount you save by 1 percent each year.
Friday, March 1: Save the extra
- Did you know you’re more likely to save a windfall than a small amount consistently over time? Hack that psychology by saving your bonuses, raises, and tax refunds. This tax season, get ahead of your financial goals by depositing at least $50 of your refund into a savings account. If you do, you’ll also be eligible to win one of over 100 prizes up to $10,000 by entering SaveYourRefund!
Saturday, March 2: Save as a family
- Good savings habits start at home. Model good financial habits for your children by saving money from your paycheck, delaying purchases until you can afford them, avoiding whim purchases, and establishing a monthly budget. Teach your children to do the same and help them open their own savings accounts. They love seeing their “pot” grow!
H & R BLOCK:
- Zippy’s Auto Loan–Auto Loan Invoice
- AutoRex Insurance–Insurance Premium
- Riptide Loan–Monthly Loan Payment
WHAT TO DO DURING THE GAME:
- Reconcile daily
- Check your email daily for communications from vendors.
- Log in every 5 days to stay engaged.
- Take ALL quizzes/surveys.
- Pay all bills on time.
- Stay engaged in your finances by updating and using your CFS and actively managing your 401(k) contribution and your bank account type.