In this lesson, you will learn to:
- Describe how saving and investing are different
- Understand fundamentals of saving such as reasons for saving, how much to save, and strategies to enable saving
- Explain why it is important to start investing for retirement when you are still young
- SAVING–3.1: Save Early & Often–make a copy & share it with firstname.lastname@example.org
- #1–do on your own or with a partner. Record your answers in the Save Early & Often Doc you just shared with me. We will check it together in 5 minutes.
- #2–We will watch the video together. Record your answers in the Save Early & Often Doc
- #3–We will watch the video together. Record your answers in the Save Early & Often Doc
- #4–Do with a partner or on your own. Record your answers in the Save Early & Often Doc. We will discuss your answers in 15 minutes.
- #5–Read the article & answer the questions on your own
- #6–Exit Ticket for 3.1
IF TIME PERMITS:
- Until 4/10/2020–Stock Market Game: https://www.stockmarketgame.org/
- The Iowa Online Challenge will be held at financechallenge.unl.edu until March 20th, 2020. The four highest scoring high school teams per region will be invited to the State Finals.
- Click the link
- Choose IOWA
- Scroll down & click PRACTICE
- Type in your name & click CONTINUE