BUDGET CHALLENGE HEALTH INSURANCE
In Week 4 students learn the details about health insurance. Because of the recent debate over the Affordable Care Act, students are more aware of health insurance than prior to the law, however, many students are still not aware of the details or cost of insurance. In the simulation, students are provided insurance by their employer. They pay for part of the premium through payroll deduction. In the simulation, they do not choose a specific health plan. Some employers that provide health insurance offer a single plan option, while others may offer several choices. Health insurance is one of the most valuable benefits provided and is essential for financial security.
Before you leave class today you will learn about:
- Health Insurance (CW4B.1)
- Know your rights (CW4B.2)
- How to obtain health insurance (CW4B.3)
- Paying for insurance (CW4B.4)
- Understanding your coverage (CW4B.5)
- Log in to your Budget Challenge account
- From your Dashboard under Written Tests click VIEW DETAILS and next to (CW4) HEALTHCARE click UNIT MATERIAL
- READ EVERYTHING & WATCH ALL THE VIDEOS!! TODAY IS A LEARNING DAY!!
- Once you feel like you know everything there is to know from the Unit Materials, take the quiz–you do not have to do this today!!