STUDENT RESPONSIBILITIES EVERYDAY DURING THE SIMULATION:
- Login daily
- Pay bills on-time
- Adjust 401(k) contribution % and bank account type, as needed
- Read simulation communications via email, Dashboard Alert, and push notifications
- Maintain their CFS reconciled
- Take quizzes and surveys
- Review pay stubs and W-2
- Use the Student Quick Tips to help navigate the simulation and perform common tasks
- Use the Knowledge Base to answer questions about the game, scoring, website navigation, etc.
- WHAT MOST SCHOOLS DON’T TEACH–Watch this video clip–We do this at Bellevue High School!! In Multimedia Marketing & Intro to Web Design & Web Apps & Coding!!
- REGISTRATION: Please consider taking the following classes next year:
- Multimedia Marketing–Photoshop & Moviemaker are used to create advertisements, commercials, and promotional materials.
- Introduction to Web Design–This is college credit. Learn how to create websites for area businesses or for yourself. Learn about graphic design.
- Business Computer Applications I & II–College credit.
- Advanced Computer Applications–College credit.
- MAKE UP WORK!! CHECK JMC!! TODAY IS THE LAST DAY OF THE QUARTER!!
- IMPORTANT: At the end of every class, please email me describing how far you got today and what you learned. This will be graded.
Goal: Before you leave class today you will know how to maneuver in Everfi’s Financial Literacy program. (Use Firefox?)
- Go to EVERFI and sign in with our class code: c34dabcb
- Do the OVERVIEW–if you have any questions–ASK!!
- Begin Module 1–SAVINGS by taking the Pre-Test
- Work on Module 1–We will continue to work on it next class.
- JUST AN FYI: Here are the units that will be covered this quarter–
Module 1 – Savings
- Simple & compound interest
- Budget creation & categorization
- Savings vehicles & plans
Module 2 – Banking
- Types of Banks
- How the Federal Reserve System works
- Account types (checking, savings, CDs, MMAs)
- Using an account; Writing checks
Module 3 – Payment Types, Interest Rates, and Credit Cards
- Payment types
- Credit card offers, terms & billing
- How to manage existing debt
Module 4 – Credit Scores
- Credit scores & bureaus
- Actions that raise/lower your credit score
Module 5 – Financing Higher Education
- Available student loan financing options
- FAFSA application process
- Steps of the student loan process
Module 6 – Renting vs. Owning
- Pros/Cons of renting and owning
- Mortgage basics
- Transportation and housing choices
Module 7 – Taxes and Insurance
- Consumer protection organizations & laws
- How to recognize, protect, & resolve identity theft
- Tax Forms – W-2, W-4, 1040EZ
- Types of insurance
- Insurance out-of-pocket costs
Module 8 – Consumer Fraud
- Consumer protection laws & organizations
- How to recognize, protect & resolve identity theft
Module 9 – Investing
- How stocks, bonds, and mutual funds work
- Importance of diversification
- Understanding stock exchanges and tickers
EverFi Life Game
- Apply financial skills & knowledge to real-world situations at 3 levels: High School, College, and Post-College