STUDENT RESPONSIBILITIES EVERYDAY DURING THE SIMULATION:
- Login daily
- Pay bills on-time
- Adjust 401(k) contribution % and bank account type, as needed
- Read simulation communications via email, Dashboard Alert, and push notifications
- Maintain their CFS reconciled
- Take quizzes and surveys
- Review pay stubs and W-2
- Use the Student Quick Tips to help navigate the simulation and perform common tasks
- Use the Knowledge Base to answer questions about the game, scoring, website navigation, etc.
IMPORTANT: At the end of every class, please email me describing how far you got today and what you learned. This will be graded.
Goal: Before you leave class today you will know how to:
Start to Save
- Define simple & compound interest
- Determine the impact of interest rate and time on total interest accrued
- Identify common savings vehicles (savings account, CDs, MMAs)
- Describe common features (liquidity, minimum balance, interest rate) of savings vehicles
- Understand that compound interest leads to more interest over time than simple interest
- Describe the impact of compounding frequency on total interest accrued
- Describe the purpose of a budget
- Describe best practices to use when making a financial plan/budget
- Go to EVERFI and sign in.
- Finish Module 1–SAVINGS
- Be sure to enter your parent’s email address when you are prompted…..EXTRA CREDIT!!!
- FYI: THE POST-TEST WILL GO IN MY GRADE BOOK!!!