In the Week 10B students learn about student loans. According to the Federal Reserve, slightly more than half of students who completed a bachelor’s degree took out debt to pay for it. For those 18-29 the number jumps to 63%. For those with a graduate degree, the number increases to 69%. Because so many students are likely to incur or at least consider some student debt, this lesson focuses on it.
In Budget Challenge the assumption is that students have recently graduated from college and have a monthly student loan payment. The amount is typical for a recent college graduate.
Topics covered in this unit
- Paying for college (CW10B.1)
- Student Loan Types (CW10B.2)
- Repayment plan terms and calculating repayment (CW10B.3)
- Log in to your Budget Challenge account
- From your Dashboard under Written Tests click VIEW DETAILS and next to (CW10B) Student Loans click UNIT MATERIAL
- READ EVERYTHING & WATCH ALL THE VIDEOS!! TODAY IS A LEARNING DAY!!
- Once you feel like you know everything there is to know from the Unit Materials, take the quiz–you do not have to do this today!!
- Check JMC & do make up work