IMPORTANT: At the end of every class, please email me describing how far you got today and what you learned. This will be graded periodically. Use 3-5 sentences.
MODULE 5–Financing High Education
At the completion of this module you will be able to answer the following questions:
- How is education an investment in yourself?
- Explain why it might be a good idea to borrow money for college if you might not otherwise afford to go.
- What are the steps in the student loan process?
- Why is it important to repay your student loans on time?
Module 5 Learning Objectives:
- Describe why higher education has a high potential return on investment (ROI)
- Identify typical action steps that students should take on the path to higher education.
- Identify and compare potential sources of higher education financing.
- Describe the advantages of federal student loans.
- Compare subsidized & unsubsidized federal student loans.
- Explain the purpose and process of filing the FAFSA form.
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NOW:
- Career Comparision
- Get the handout from your teacher
- Go to the Bureau of Labor Statistics “Exploring Career Information”-use this to complete the handout
- TEST: Review the pre-questions at the beginning of this unit. Re-answer each of the questions using red font AFTER your initial response (do not delete your initial answer) given the knowledge your gained during this lesson.