WORD UNIT TEST–BEGIN TODAY
Create the following documents using Microsoft Word for your Dream Team:
- Create a 3 column table that includes your team’s schedule. Be sure to include the following:
- the team logo should be on the schedule somewhere
- include a title at the top “TEAM SCHEDULE”
- column 1 should be the date of the game/competition
- column 2 should be the name of the team you are competing against
- column 3 should indicate whether the game is home or away
- include at least 5 dates
- format the table to make it look appealing–here are some suggestions:
- use shading & color
- change the font & font size
- use cell merge & cell split
- Create a letter & envelope to send to your fans inviting them to your games. You will include the schedule in the envelope with the letter. Use Joe Gendron’s letter in W 3 to help you set up the letter. This letter only needs to be 1 paragraph with 3-5 sentences. You will need to use your team letterhead to create the file an you will need to use your team logo & address on the envelope. The mailing address on the envelope can be the name and address of a friend or you can make it up. Be sure to format it correctly.
- Print the schedule, letter, & envelope when you are done.
START THE FOLLOWING:
YOUR JOB (this is an email from Tracey Medinger, a member of the Bellevue Public Library Board):
We talked a few weeks ago about having your one of your business classes or your FBLA group create some bookmarkers for the Bellevue Public Library. I finally had time to email you some info. We could actually use a couple of different designs so please have the kids come up with fun creative options. They can use front & back if they want but these should not be overly busy in the design. Not too many pictures, gifs, etc. We would like them to include the library hours listed below and also information about Amazon Smiles.
Library Hours (use on the bookmarkers)
Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri: 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Wednesday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Amazon Smiles (use on the bookmarkers)
The Amazon Smile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible Amazon Smile purchases to Friends of the Bellevue Public Library which is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the goals of the library. You can access Amazon Smile online at https://smile.amazon.com/ and choose Bellevue Public Library (Bellevue, IA) in the “Choose Your Charity” section.
**Don’t use this part on the bookmarkers but just a note that the key to this is that the Amazon Smiles user must choose the correct Friends of the Bellevue Public Library. There are several because there are several different towns of Bellevue around the country. Please have the kids emphasize this somehow on the bookmarkers. It could just be that they bold, highlight or change the color of the wording for Bellevue, IA or something like that so it stands out. The Amazon Smiles user must choose the one specific to Bellevue IA. It looks like the following on the website:
We are in no hurry for this. Our next board meeting is 11/07. I would like to have a good dozen or so options to present to the group at that meeting. Can you review when the kids have them done and send me your top 12 before then? Let me know if you have any questions and THANK YOU so much to you & the kids for working on this for us!!
- Create a new 11 X 8.5 (landscape) file in Publisher
- PAGE DESIGN
- CREATE NEW PAGE SIZE–fill in the dialog box with the following information:
- Click OK
- Page 1 is the front & page 2 is the back of the bookmark
- Print 2 sided flip on the short edge
RETRO–LET’S TRY THIS AGAIN