BEGIN YOUR PROJECT –You have today and the next 2 classes to complete it–create a commercial for your business using a video creation website. Each person in your group needs to use a different video creation website to create a commercial for your business, you will have as many different commercials for your company as you do people in your group.
EXAMPLES OF COMMERCIALS:
- TV Doctors of America
- Ram Trucks Farmer
- Dorito’s Slap
- Mean Joe Green
- Troy Polamalu
- Super Bowl Commercials 2017
What makes a good commercial?
RIGHT NOW: Answer these questions in a Google Doc shared with me. THIS MAY TAKE THE ENTIRE CLASS TIME TODAY…..THAT IS OK!!
- How does a commercial grab an audience’s attention?
- What grabs your attention when you are watching commercials?
- How many different ways are there to grab an audience’s attention?
- What is the type of audience the commercial is directed towards?
- How does a commercial hold it’s audiences’ attention?
- What are advertising techniques that can be used to hold an audience’s attention?
- What does a business need to know about their customer in order to hold their attention during an advertisement?
- Why is it important for a commercial to hold an audience’s attention?
- How can a commercial get a person to buy or do something?
- What methods of persuasion can be used to get customers to purchase a product?
- What should a commercial do at the end to get customers to purchase the advertised product?
- Why is getting the customer to purchase/do something important for a commercial?
WHEN YOU FINISH THE KEY UNDERSTANDINGS:
- Create a commercial.
- HERE IS HOW YOU WILL BE GRADED
- Your commercial can only be 30 SECONDS in length
- GET YOUR AUDIENCES ATTENTION & TELL THEM WHAT THEY WILL LEARN (THE GOAL OF THE VIDEO)–beginning of commercial
- HOLD YOUR AUDIENCE’S ATTENTION & EDUCATE THEM–middle of the commercial
- TELL YOUR AUDIENCE WHAT THEY CAN DO OR WHAT THEY SHOULD DO AND WHAT THEY SHOULD HAVE LEARNED–end of commercial
- Be sure to include credits at the end for all websites, books, magazines, and interviews-ALL YOUR RESOURCES
- With 10 minutes left in class, write about what you accomplished today.