MAKE UP WORK–CHECK JMC
Ways to Pay: Today you will meet Trevor, a college student who needs help saving for an end of summer trip, while managing his day-to-day expenses. You must help him select a job, review his paycheck and credit card statement, and help him make decisions about when to utilize different payment types.
GOAL: When you leave class today, you will be able to ……….
- Choose when to use different available payment methods (including cash, debit, credit, mobile, online, direct deposit, prepaid cards)
- Model positive strategies for using credit
- Summarize the effects of not paying off a credit card balance in full
- Assess the benefits and costs of using credit
- Describe the potential consequences of using “easy access” credit
- Understand the importance of a credit score, and recognize the components that affect your score
- Describe different sources of income, including wages, salaries, stipends, and benefits.
- Identify common withheld state and federal taxes by examining a paycheck
- Log in to everfi.com
- Complete Module 3
- Make Up Work