GOAL: When you leave class today you will be able to………
- Identify the pros and cons of using different payment types
- Categorize a purchase as either a debit or credit transaction
- Remember in module 3 you helped Trevor decide which payment methods to use to make different purchases. What are some of the payment methods Trevor used to make purchases?
- Can you name some of the ways debit cards are different from credit cards?
- There are pros and cons to using each payment type.
- List some of pros of using a debit card.
- List some of the cons of using a debit card.
- List some of pros of using a credit card.
- List some of the cons of using a credit card.
- In this activity you will receive a list of transactions and you must identify whether a debit card or credit card was used for each transaction. For example:
- Transaction: Jamie used her card to purchase a new television. If she pays off the balance within 6 months she won’t have any interest added to her balance. Answer: Credit Card
- Open the Transaction Type worksheet. You will have 5 minutes to complete the activity individually. Record your answers in your Word Online file for this class. Also, answer the following: How did you identify whether the transaction was made with a debit or credit card?
- We will check them together when you are done.
- Play FINANCIAL FOOTBALL
Once everyone is done, we will start the following online banking simulation together:
- Open the Slide Show for the Instructions–Let’s work to complete Parts I & II today