PAY DAY, BILL DAY, AUCTION DAY
- On a half piece of paper, write down the name of 1 person in this class that you think deserves a bonus and explain why you think they deserve a bonus. This will be read to the class. I will not read your name though.
- Get your paycheck from your clerk
- Enter the amount on your paycheck into your Google Sheet as a deposit. Be sure to date it appropriately.
- Endorse your paycheck & give it to your banker. Your banker will give you the money from your paycheck
- Record your rent payment in your Google Sheet–$500 and give your rent payment to the designated person.
- Record your electric bill payment in your Google Sheet–$150 and give your electric payment to the electrician
- Record your recycling bill payment in your Google Sheet–$50 and give your recycling payment to the recycler.
- Check with the attendance monitor–if you had perfect attendance since the last pay day/bill day:
- make a deposit of $100 to your Google Sheet
- get your $100 from the attendance monitor
- Record any other unexpected bills and pay them–you need 4 new tires for your vehicle–pay $800 to the mechanic (your teacher).
- Record any other unexpected deposits
- COMPARE YOUR SPREADSHEET WITH YOUR BANKER’S VERSION OF YOUR SPREADSHEET TO BE SURE YOU BOTH AGREE!!
- Check out the list of auction items & determine which ones you would like to purchase (and can afford to purchase!)–use CASH to purchase items from the auction
- Deposit any cash you have left with your banker–fill out a deposit slip and give the slip and your cash to your banker
- PLAY THIS GAME ON BUDGETING: https://www.claimyourfuture.com/play/
- Determine Your Budget