GOAL: When you leave class today, you will be able to……..
- Find companies on the New York Stock Exchange website
- Identify stock information for companies listed on the New York Stock Exchange
- Today you will be researching stock prices and trends of companies that manufacture and sell the
products and services you use.
- Get the Comparing Stocks worksheet and complete Part 1 of the worksheet.
- Get Part II from your teacher. You will use the NYSE website to complete the Part 2 of the Comparing Stocks worksheet. Note: If you are unable to find a company on the NYSE site conduct a search to find out the parent company in order to find stock information.
- Using your computer begin your stock market research. Navigate to the following webpage: www.nyse.com
- Do you know how to search for companies on the NYSE website? Use the search feature in the top right corner of the website. Once a company is found, be sure you know how to locate the following information:
- NYSE Symbol
- Highest Price
- Lowest Price
- Yesterday’s Closing Price
- 1 month price history (Located in the price chart section of the “Quote” page)
- Share your findings, using some of the following questions:
- What companies did you research?
- Who had the highest stock price?
- Who had the lowest stock price?
- Have any of the companies had an upward stock price trend in the last month?
- Have any of the companies had a downward stock price trend in the last month?
- Did another company own any of the companies you researched?
- PLAY STAX BY FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS HANDOUT–GET THE PRINTED VERSION FROM YOUR TEACHER–PORTFOLIO DASHBOARD REFERENCE GUIDE–You can get a printed version of this from your teacher also.