CLASS VOTING RESULTS:
- Learn about how to start your own business
- Learn about personal finance
- Learn about how to code
YOU HAVE TODAY AND NEXT CLASS TO FINISH THIS!!
GOAL: You will begin developing your own business! ONLY THE BUSINESS PROPOSAL IS REQUIRED TO BE COMPLETED TODAY!!
- On your own, read: HOW TO START A BUSINESS IN MIDDLE SCHOOL
- Get with a partner and using a Google Doc shared with firstname.lastname@example.org and shared with everyone in your group create the Business Proposal (this should be completed TODAY)–include the following (copy & paste the following into the shared Google Doc and fill in your group’s business information in for all 7 items):
- Name of your business
- Hours you will be open
- What do you do? (Fix, sell, build, feed, serve, help?)
- Location of the business. Is it a small, rural community or a large, urban community? Where in the town will you be located? Actually choose a location. Explain why that location will be good for your business.
- Identify the competition in your business area and location.
- How many employees will you need? You must have at least 3. What specific positions will these employees hold? Give details.
- Why do you think your business will succeed?
- If you finish the business proposal (you will be able to do this next class), WATCH THIS TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Graphics to help convey your ideas—could be photos, organization chart, map, etc.
- Include a LOGO for your business
- Include a SLOGAN for your business
- LEARN HOW TO RUN A BUSINESS!! Read about and play LEMONADE STAND for the rest of class.